Thursday, August 19, 2010

This Is My Happy Dance.

I'm a very cheerful kiddo right now, i finally have bagels and bread in my dads house! I've gone over 3 days without bread; it shouldn't have been legal. I mean all of this could have been avoided if my brother didn't take all my bagels and my yummies back to college with him. jerk. [i actually love my brother tons though.] My plum jam was amazing with cream cheese on my bagel. There was much rejoicing and i did my "Happy Dance."

Aside from the joy of baked goods, i cooked a roast chicken. I've actually never roasted a whole chicken myself before, i usually just help my dad since he likes to cook too. However i flew solo tonight and i indulged in my scrumptious results.

Roast Chicken and What-Not:
-1 roasting chicken
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-2 tsp dried basil
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp coriander
-2 tsp paprika
-5 cloves of garlic chopped
-1/4 cup chicken broth + additional for keeping it moist later on in cooking

Preheat the hotbox to 375

First de-gut the bird then place the chicken in a roasting pan and smother that bird in them herbs! Next pour the broth over the chicken then pop into the oven. Cook for 20 mins per lb plus an extra 10 mins. While its roasting keep an eye on it and add additional

Viola yummy roast chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment