Saturday, August 14, 2010

"I love chicken. I would eat chicken fingers on Thanksgiving if it were socially acceptable."

I was browsing through my fridge tonight figuring out how i wanted to prepare these chicken breasts i had. I looked to the top shelf, and a large container of plump ripe blueberries was staring me in the face. Then it hit me a mustard rosemary blueberry roast chicken. Yeah i know not the most common thing, but my thought process is odd therefore i create odd dishes. so i created a mustard based marinade slathered it on the chicken topped it with blueberries, slid it in the oven for 30 minutes, let some shredded asiago melt on it, and viola! It was moist, delicious and the contrasting flavor of the mustard and blueberries perplexed me in the best of delicious ways.



Roasted Mustard Blueberry Chicken:
-2 chicken breasts
-2 tsp. olive oil
-Salt
-Pepper
-2 tbs. Dijon mustard
-2 cloves garlic, crushed
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
-A handful of fresh blueberries
-Grated Asiago cheese

Preheat the hotbox [oven] to 375 degrees

Using a fork poke holes in the top and bottom of the chicken breast. Rub a teaspoon of olive oil on each breast then salt and pepper to your liking. In a small bowl combine the mustard, garlic, cinnamon, rosemary, and a pinch of salt. coat each side of the breasts with mustard mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and top with blueberries. Roast in the oven for 30 mins or until the thickest part reaches around 160 degrees. top with grated cheese and put back in the hotbox until it melts nicely atop your scrumptious chicken.



Enjoy with a salad or rice. Good night.

[Todd Barry quote for title]

No comments:

Post a Comment