Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Around The World In 80 Days?

Procrastination, my long lost friend, it has been a while; 3 months if I'm correct? Ah how I miss putting off essays, projects, Spanish translations; till late at night with frustration leaking through my ears, mustering up the energy and attitude to complete my work. Oh how I appreciate our love-hate relationship; almost about to push me over the edge, but then pulling me back up with a 'B' or better after our late night flings. These warm summer months cooled the chemistry between us, but now as the school year approaches I feel the intensity of our old flame amplify each day. As I stare at The Kite Runner, knowing I'll have to finish annotating the remaining 217 pages that i dread to read, I find myself coyly flirty with you. I wonder if you remember those brisk autumn nights, or "Snowmagedon" the foot of snow causing you to come closer and to keep me from doing my AP World History till the snow had melted enough to return to school.

Today is yet another day that my you thwarted my efforts to read more than 3 pages of that wretched book. However you have caused me to search for an enjoyable project for me to spend future days on when we have our little dates. I've chosen to cook myself around the world, through 80 countries. A new recipe from a different location; everyday.Tomorrow I shall embark on my quest; starting with Algeria. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Merry meet, and merry part, I bid you farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment