Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Day At The Drag.

It was a lovely Sunday morning, i slowly crept out of bed, had some peppermint tea, listened to Vivaldi, and got ready to go to Godfrey's. Godfrey's is a gay club that has a drag brunch every Sunday, and today was the day I lost my "Godfrey's virginity." For those of you who are unaware of what a drag brunch is, its when you eat brunch while watching a fabulous Drag Queen [Transvestite] performance.

When you first get to Godfrey's, you must wait outside the doors and wait for your reservation to be called by a fabulous drag beauty. Once you're inside you go to your table and a waiter takes your drink order. They had a selection of Bloody Marys and Mimosas, which my Mama enjoyed, but I had iced tea while my best friend Mary sipped on coffee. Their brunch menu is quite delectable, Quiche, Salmon, French Toast, Mushroom Quesadilla, Eggs Benedict, and a few more things which escape me at the moment. I had the Eggs Benedict. The two poached eggs were cooked exquisitely, the perfect texture and runny-ness, and the hollandaise sauce was delicious. The Toasted Cuban bread was perfect for sopping up the run over yolk, and the country ham balanced the flavor together.

After the orders are taken The Divas start the show! Preforming to a multitude of songs with a variety of different styles and outfits. These divas are damn pretty, prettier than lots of girls. Not to mention the man running the show was hilarious, making the perfect toasts such as "Here's to you and here's to me. Friends may we always be. But, if by chance we disagree, Up yours! Here's to me!" He also made a point to rag on the men who got brought there by their wives or girlfriends. It was a great experience, and my mother and I are planning to make it a tradition to go there.

So If you're looking for a damn good time on a Sunday instead of going to church, head over to a drag brunch and have yourself a damn good time with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment