Friday, July 30, 2010

Lamb is Delicious

If only there was more to my house
than cereal and a mouse.
All i see are bland boxes,
No sign of foxes.
Oh me, Oh my
I might die
I feel as if my life is a sham,
Oh how I want a rack of lamb.

All there is in my house is pasta, cereal, and bagels. I really want lamb, but alas there is none.
Lamb is one of my favorite meats, I also love veal. Baby animals taste the finest. If i did have a rack of delicious lamb this is what I'd do to it.

Rachel's Rack of Lamb:
-1 one lb rack of lamb
-2 tbs. fresh sage [minced]
-1 tsp paprika
-1 1/2 tbs kosher salt
-1 tbs balsamic vinegar
-1 tbs honey [I prefer tupelo]
-1/4 c Dijon mustard

In a blender or food processor, blend together the sage, paprika, salt, vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard for one minute. Place the lamb in a roasting pan with the ribs curving down, Cover in the mustard mixture and let it stand for 45 mins to an hour.

Preheat the oven to 450, and roast the lamb for 20 to 25 mins. 20 for rare, 25 for medium-rare. Let rest for 15 mins to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.

Cut the individual ribs and serve. enjoy with roasted potatoes or rice or a baby spinach salad, i wish i could, but i still haven't gone to the store.

I made this picture of it in paint :

No comments:

Post a Comment