Monday, September 13, 2010

Puff Daddy? Oh My Bad, Puff Pizza.

I went shopping with my sister earlier to blow of some steam, nothing like retail therapy! I bought a devil horn hat. It's adorable. On a side note, I spent a lot of time dicing carrots and julienning them for practice. It is impossible to make perfect even squares out of carrots.
Impossible.

Anyway, when i got home and she drove back to her apartment, i got to thinking about what i wanted to do with this puff pastry i had in the freezer. I ping ponged ideas in my head. Should I make a dessert? Pot Pie? Napoleons? Then it hit me, Pizza. Genius. Delicious. Easy.

I let my pastry thaw, but while i was doing that, i whipped up a quick sauce. Almost the same one i used in the "A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush" post. [http://theplumjam.blogspot.com/2010/08/tonight-i-was-graced-with-honor-of.html]
However I had to settle for canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh cherry tomatoes. None the less it was still exquisite on the pizza.

I normal make my own pizza dough and i was worried that maybe a puff pastry wouldn't be a good enough thickness or texture. If you like a really doughy thick dense-ish crust, then i wouldn't recommend puff pastry, however if you don't mind a thinner crust go for it.

Pastry Pizza Is Yum:
-1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 to 40 mins
-"That's Amore Tomato Sauce"[from the bird in the hand post] or your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, or fresh mozzarella cheese in 1/4" thick slices.

Preheat the hotbox to 425 F

Set the pastry on a greased cookie sheet. Fold over the edges so it resembles a small pizza crust, [enough to hold in the goods.] Then take a fork and prick the dough so it wont let the sauce explode off. Next spoon over the sauce and spread evenly across the dough. Now sprinkle the cheese on top. Add whatever toppings you want, bacon, peppers, peperoni, sausage, etc. Cook in the oven for 15 mins, until the cheese is melted & bubbling and the pastry is a golden brown.

Take out; Slice; Devour; Enjoy
I'm off to do the Trig homework i put off till just now.
Oh Procrastination, how I've missed you.

Later Broskis !

No comments:

Post a Comment