Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Balanced Diet Is A Cookie In Each Hand

Excitement was afoot this morning, as me and my mother were preparing for my Tech Center orientation. At my school,once you become a junior you can go to the Chesterfield Technical Center to study something of your choice. It ranges from engineering to cosmetology, but I of course chose to take the one year Culinary Arts Program. I can't wait,mainly because i am going to dominate this class, not to sound cocky, but I'm determined to tear shit up. Also I really really want to partake in a competition to see how my skills match up against other young cooks like myself. Also I can rack up a ton of scholarship money for Johnston and Wales through this! Oh happy day.

Once I got home and Mama went back to work, I studied up a little on Argentina, today's country. My sister,Hillary, then proceeded to call me and said she was coming home for me to help her make cookies to take back to her apartment. I instantly agreed, for i am a cookie person, apposed to a brownie person. Having said that, I do like brownies,but If i had to pick one, I'd pick the cookie. But I digress. Once she got here we took out all the ingredients to make sugar cookies. After they were done, I enjoyed mine with a cup of peppermint tea.Which is completely relevant to the Argentina post I'll put up tonight since the British brought over and established tea time there.



Sugar Cookies:
-1 c. butter, softened
-1 1/2 c. sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 egg
-1 tsp baking soda
-A dash of salt
-2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
-1/3 c. sugar

Preheat hotbox to 375 degrees

Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl, use a whisk or an electric hand-mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture, combine. Gradually mix in the flour. Once dough has formed pull off around 1" pieces of dough and roll into balls, coat with sugar, then placed on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 12 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment